Source for tall aluminum Christmas tree?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
oldskoolboarder
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Source for tall aluminum Christmas tree?

Postby oldskoolboarder » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:57 pm

We're doing our part to be as 'green' as possible.

I've always preferred real trees, it's just traditional. But now I'm looking into an aluminum tree to fit the style of our Eichler.

Does anyone have suggestions for online sources to buy? I'm trying to find one 7' or taller.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

don't discount ebay as a source....off season

Postby Slim and Gabby » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:36 am

We had a hard time finding an aluminum tree at first....

When we looked on Ebay in the fall, the prices were insane, and the selection was very low. I actually marked my calendar to look for trees in June the following year. Funny enough, we wound up selling a house and moving while I started a new job that month-and we bought our tree online. Everyone thought we were NUTS! Our mortgage broker said-why don't you set up the tree when you move in in Sept- which we did quite happily!

It's REALLY hard to find vintage trees at the larger size. We got a four foot, and put it on a pedestal with a vintage fabric skirt to drape, and gifts below. Looks pretty dramatic that way-don't discount it.

Should look better this year when we finish our mock ermine stoll tree skirt!

Seems like there is a lot online....
http://www.brandsonsale.com/hg-004776.html cheapo!

and here is the super deluxe-NOT cheap!
http://www.oaktreeent.com/Aluminum_Chri ... intage.htm

There is a GREAT Site for trees...
http://www.aluminumchristmastrees.net/a ... store.html

they have posted an old alcoa book of how to decorate..
these are amazing...we have one for ALL holiday decorations that is one of our design bibles-CRAAAZY.

have fun, and let us know what you come up with- we LOVE ours!
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Search antique malls. I found 5 trees amongst 3 antique malls this past weekend. The most expensive was a 5' pom pom tree at $89. I found one 4' for $24!

Good luck

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:13 pm

atomic_Iowa_ranch
Modern Fan

our tree

Postby atomic_Iowa_ranch » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:09 pm

We always had the regular gree pine style. Decided to go with white this year. 7.5ft @ JC Penney for $140 plus shipping.

Devon

mykatjim
Modern Fan

Postby mykatjim » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:37 pm

we got our 6' evergleam pompom tree and color wheel about a 1-1/2 years ago from ebay. i don't have any idea how much it was but it's fantastic!

Hipster Haven
Modern Fan

Here is our Christmas tree

Postby Hipster Haven » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:10 pm

I Love the Atomic Rings

viva*le*vintage
Modern Groupie

Re: Here is our Christmas tree

Postby viva*le*vintage » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 pm

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”