cool slide out stove. Any familiar?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mrcysco
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

cool slide out stove. Any familiar?

Postby mrcysco » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:35 am

Found this really cool oven/stove on craigslist.

anyone familiar with it? what is that glass part at the top? who made it? When was it made? did you really slide out that cook top to use it? Wild!

I don't know anything about it, but for $150 it seems like it's a good deal.

thanks for any insight!

-=marc[/url]

Hipster Haven
Modern Fan

Flair by Frigidaire

Postby Hipster Haven » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:58 pm

It is a Custom Imperial Flair oven by Frigidaire. That is a good price as long as everything works. It was also featured as the stove that Samantha (Elizabeth Montgomery) used on the 60's TV show Bewitched

Hope that helps

also check out the appliance section at

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:28 pm

the glass part at the top is an OVEN.
A flair is high on my kitchen "must have someday" list.
great price, as as stated above if all is working.

Speaking of cool kitchen goodies. I bought this Sunday-

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:35 am

That looks like the ultimate Garage/Pool house fridge tomb!

greenmod
Modern Socialite

Postby greenmod » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:00 pm

It's a 1962 Frigidaire Flair. I have the same one in my kitchen, except the double oven version:

If you truly want one, I would watch for one with accessories. The rotisserie attachment rocks and is extremely hard to find without a whole oven. They come up on craigslist here fairly regularly when people remodel. I paid $200 for mine, came with all the accessories except the kant slide griddle and everything works (even the clock).

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”