Difference between Broyhill Brasilia and Saga Chairs?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
deckhouseterp
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Difference between Broyhill Brasilia and Saga Chairs?

Postby deckhouseterp » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I have managed to collect a Brasilia buffet, china cabinet and what I thought were 4 "single" piece dining room chairs- now I have found an e-bay listing for what I thought were 4 more chairs and a table (with pads!) listed along with a Broyhill Saga china cabinet and buffet.

After doing some googling it looks like the Brasilia single piece chairs appear to be the same as the Saga chairs-

I think that the dining table might be the same as well... but it's tough to tell.

Is anyone familiar with this stuff?

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:37 am

You posted the Saga chairs. The picture on http://www.brasiliaconnection.com home page is of the Brasillia line. The back of the chair is different.

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 am

The design concept for the Brasilia series is Niemeyer's Alvorada (Sunrise) Palace (1957):
Most, if not all, of Broyhill Brasilia pieces have the parabolic curves expressed as part of the design - in the back of the above chairs, for instance.

deckhouseterp
Modern Fan

Postby deckhouseterp » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”