Lion Brand Chairs

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jerad
Modern Master

Lion Brand Chairs

Postby Jerad » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Anybody know the story on Lion Brand Chairs out of New York. I just recently purchased fifteen chairs strictly to reuse the legs. I've been looking for some patio chairs I liked and had decided I was going to have to make my own. Well I found some very aircrafty aluminum legs on these chairs for cheap and I figured now I just have to make a seat and a back that I like. Curious if anyone knows anything about the manufacturer.
Last edited by Jerad on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nichols » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 pm

your link has to end with ".jpg" for the photo to show up.
I would fix it for you, but want people to know that you have to delete anything after ".jpg"

Jerad
Modern Master

Postby Jerad » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 am

Thanks I fought that picture last night. Seems every forum I'm on has a different method. Thanks you.

post50modern
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby post50modern » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:32 pm

I do not know anything about Lyon Manufacturing, but you might want to see if they were/are affiliated with The Shelby Williams company as the legs on the chairs you have are a dead ringer for the legs used on Shelby Williams Gazelle Chairs!

I had as set years ago. VERY good qaulity cast aluminum...

Jerad
Modern Master

Postby Jerad » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Six of the chairs are labeled Shelby Williams, the other fifteen are Lion Brand. On my flickr someone commented that they used these in the diner scene in pulp fiction. And are actually from Yugoslavia, maybe they were just imported into New York.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”