I wished I owned this warehouse:

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Butt-Face
Modern Socialite

I wished I owned this warehouse:

Postby Butt-Face » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:24 am

scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby scowsa » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:40 am

Actually I have been there, it's the warehouse and store of Foothill 5-Fifty in Glendora, NE of LA just off the 210. They advertise a lot of stuff on the LA and OC Craigslists

The guy that owns it is quite a character and one hears stories of him deciding not to sell stuff to some folks, like an MCM version of Seinfeld's Soup Nazi.

We found him to be a very nice guy but if you go, prepare to be very patient because the place is packed with stuff and getting around and finding items is quite a challenge. Then you have to track down him or his partner and see if you can get a price.

PS to Joe -- He has one shed full of vintage scooters.
scowsa

synthetic space
Modern Master

Postby synthetic space » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:49 pm

The Schindler "dinning" (sic) set looks cool.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”