My Herman Miller Swivel Shell

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hobotronics
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Herman Miller Swivel Shell

Postby hobotronics » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I've had this chair for about 10 years now its one of my favorites. It a has a few indents on the vinyl but thats it. The Coolest thing about it is the original factory sticker, still taped on the bottom from Herman Miller in Gardena California. Check it

The date on the tag is Nov 6th 1968. Stupid tape is bubbling.

I'm really just curious about the value, not really planning on selling soon. :) This is my new favorite site! Thanks everyone.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:24 am

that's a cool chair. I have a swivel side shell chair I use for my work chair. It's great, even though the vinyl cover is detached around the side edges.

I would like to find an arm shell on a swivel with wheels!

dani
Modern Master

Postby dani » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:28 pm

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:07 pm

These eames side chairs with contract aluminum base are going for ~$250 on eBay if they're in good shape.
Joe: your Naugahyde cover can be pulled over the shell by applying heat to it with a hair dryer. Just spend some time heating the edge that is pulled of until it softens, the pull it and slide the rubber edging over the fiberglass until it's snug and in place.

AJ Fisher
Modern Master

Postby AJ Fisher » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:34 pm

here is my herman miller swivel chair:

this chair was a free item sitting out front of a house in my neighborhood several years ago. i really enjoy the punch of color the orange vinyl provides.

Miguel

Postby Miguel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:56 pm

That's a nice one, AJ. It is one of the early upholstered models, since the edging is stitched naughahyde. Later on (mid-60s) the edging was reinforced with the rubber u-band. Cool color too.

Slim and Gabby

Postby Slim and Gabby » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 pm

Miguel, Gabby and I thought you got sucked into a black hole or abducted by aliens, or was it the witness protection program?
Slim
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Miguel

Postby Miguel » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 pm

LOL.... no, but almost. Between work and the Fresno Facebook pages, I've been keeping myself quite busy. Not abducted yet, though ;)

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”