Goodform chairs...

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
62P&K
Modern Master

Goodform chairs...

Postby 62P&K » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 pm

just picked up 2 goodform chairs, $80 per chair. they look just like this:

http://www.goantiques.com/detail,vintag ... 07286.html

original tags on the underside and everything. seems like we got a good deal.

the foam is totally dried out and needs replaced. was thinking we would replace the vinyl but I love the vintage stuff with the tiny holes in it. anyone know of a source for that older vinyl?
Jennie and Zane

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Try some vintage automotive headliners! My '56 Buick has a bazillion little holes in it, came that way out of the factory, no bugz! Try asking here:

http://www.buickclub.org/

It's worth a try at least, eh?
Good luck,
Slim
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

62P&K
Modern Master

Postby 62P&K » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:24 am

recently learned from a friend that its called "perforated vinyl" and that its not difficult to find, so I'm going to start scouring the local upholstery shops.

thanks for the car upholstery idea! seems like the car and hot rod shops are good for lots of things. some friends recently had their vintage fridge repaired and painted by a hot rod guy...
Jennie and Zane

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am

I used to paint cars, as a hobby, not a pro, too many chemicals involved; but I painted my fridge too, but ours was new. I did it to match my 1956 Buick.
Slim
BTW Calling it "perforated vinyl" will only make things easier, c'mon, get with the program, it's old, it's got to be painfully hard, that way you really feel like you've accomplished something, sheesh! "Listen fella, when I was your age we useta..."
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

62P&K
Modern Master

Postby 62P&K » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Jennie and Zane

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”