Servel refrigerator

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
62P&K
Modern Master

Servel refrigerator

Postby 62P&K » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:34 am

I was watching American Pickers last night on the History channel. they picked up a small Servel brand refrigerator called a Wunderbar, designed to move the fridge into rooms other than the kitchen. unforunately, it had been covered in cowhide but was originally some sort of blond wood with spindle legs.

anyone familiar with Servel and its various products? anyone have one of these small refrigerators?

here is a link to some info, although the picture doesn't resemble the item in the tv show very much:

http://www.idsa.org/content/servel-wunderbar-1953
Jennie and Zane

wwilber
Modern Master

Postby wwilber » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:59 am

There happens to be an ad for the Wonderbar in the BH&G issue that features our neighborhood - January, 1953.

My neighborhood:

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Re: Servel refrigerator

Postby sky » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 am

62P&K
Modern Master

Postby 62P&K » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:24 am

LOL...yes, coin-flipping is now how we make all of the life-altering decisions in our house. Can't get enough of the pickers...

sometimes its frustrating to see some midmod treasures in the background that they skip over, but other times like with this fridge and a recent Philco purchase, they grab the good stuff.
Jennie and Zane

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:04 am

In the 1950's, GM had high end radios for their cars called "wonderbar"; as I recall you could tune it using a control at your foot instead of your hand.
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”