Help me identify our new chair!!

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
clarksdaleplace
Modern Master

Help me identify our new chair!!

Postby clarksdaleplace » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 am

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mod' i-fy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 am

Nice chair, looks to have a direct Asian influance to me. Look to see if any markings are anywhere on the underside of it, i.e. company name etc. under cushion.
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Lonestardiva
Modern Groupie

Very similar

Postby Lonestardiva » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 am

Hope this helps.. these chairs are very similar. Perhaps call the store and ask what they know or check labels? They're very helpful there. :):) I hope this link shows the chairs in the big pic on pg. 3 of 'for sale'.

http://www.vintagearoundtownguide.com/site/

I'll blame my MCM love on my Mom and her often quoted

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:53 am

Mmmm, not Asian, Scandinavian... which was influenced by Japanese.
You've probably looked there, but a lot of times they'll put a tag or marking on the inside of the seat frame, ie, if you look where the webbing, for lack of a better word, is attached.
I have an SL Mobler and a Dux that has it there. But, on the other hand, it could have a missing tag in the case of our Adrian Pearsall chairs that took years of research to figure out, uff da!
I'm guessing they're early 1960's and American made, but I could be very wrong, but very strongly influenced by Scandinavian.
Slim
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”