Thayer Coggin Sofa. Is it a Milo Baughman design?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Thayer Coggin Sofa. Is it a Milo Baughman design?

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:21 pm

I found this sweet leather sofa at the Goodwill up the street from me. I'm kinda thinking it might be a Milo Baughman design seeing as this was sold in 1969 and I think that Mr. Baughman was designing for Thayer Coggin about that time. I can't seem to find another picture of one quite like it. Anyone have an opinion or educated guess about it?

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Sorry i have no idea, but that couch is very nice and it looks to be in good shape. How much were they asking for it?
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:00 am

I picked it up super cheap. I was just about to leave the thrift store when I spotted it out of the corner of my eye. It was put on the floor while I was going through the smalls. It didn't last 10 minutes! I had it in the car and on the way home "tout de suite"!

Miguel
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Miguel » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Good catch! Beautifull sofa.

Here's a similar one (different legs) attributed to Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin. Does it still have the Thayer Coggin label under the seat?

http://modernhaus.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... -feet.html

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:14 am

Miguel - It does have the Thayer Coggin tag. It even has a delivery tag dated 1969. Click on the link below the picture to see my blog posting about the sofa. I was directed to the same sofa you mentioned when it was listed on eBay. Thanks.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”