Advanced Interior Designs in SF

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

badcarburetor
Modern Fan

Advanced Interior Designs in SF

Postby badcarburetor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:44 pm

I came across this website thorugh Craig's List here in Atlanta. This store/website sellls what appear to be nice quality repros of all the MCM classic pieces, however, the prices just seem to good to be true. I'm willing to take a fraction in reduced quality to spend a fraction of what these pieces would cost through DWR, but I don't want to just throw my money away on junk.

Has anyone had any experience with Advanced Interior Designs?

Thanks!

http://stores.advancedinteriordesigns.c ... eFront.bok

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:26 pm

scowsa

badcarburetor
Modern Fan

Postby badcarburetor » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Awesome! Thanks!

I never even thought of Yelp for a furniture store review.

Looks like their stuff is on point. I'm so happy!

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 am

Don't know if I trust Yelp, I've read waaay to many stories of the sites bad practices. I've been meaning to stop by there since I'm local.
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

cougarider
Modern Socialite

Alphaville Exposition Chairs

Postby cougarider » Mon May 16, 2011 7:09 am

Several years ago I had bought a pair of Barcelona Chair replicas from designerseating.com. I was satisfied with my purchase until I knew what to look for. I started to do some research on build quality. I noticed that my chairs always had a bounce to them when I sat in them. The metal frame was only 10mm thick. It wasn't until I started doing research that I found that there are different metals used and thickness. Also, the cushion was only 2.5 inches thick and it did not give much support. The metal frame was only 10mm thick. Knoll uses 1/2 in 304 steel.

With that said. I sold my old chairs and began looking for the perfect replica. After many days of research and contacting several chinese companies. Alphaville was the best match to the original. I also visited a local store that sells Alphaville and then visited DWR. Alphaville is the best I've seen.

I ordered a set of chairs and ottomans. Got them in friday. Very Satisfied.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”