Easy Bake Oven 1963-2011

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Easy Bake Oven 1963-2011

Postby nichols » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:13 am

It's lights out for the traditional Easy-Bake Oven
A federal ban on the manufacture of incandescent light bulbs, the Easy-Bake Oven's longtime source of heat, kicks in next year. Hasbro plans to switch to a different heating element...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-e ... 6809.story

Modern Socialite

Postby hannah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:46 pm

And time marches on, heh?

How stupid is this, I never really thought about light bulbs giving off heat much until I moved in with Mr. Wonderful some 18 years back. It was winter (in California) and I was cold and he said to put the lava lamp on and it'll throw off heat. My Mom and I laughed and laughed at that suggestion. But, it worked!

Wonder what they'll replace the heating element with?
It may not look like it, but at the molecular level I'm actually quite busy.

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

It was the fire at the Easy Bake Oven plant that caused Henrietta so much distress. "Those horrible light bulbs," she cried throwing bicarbonate of soda into the ever encroaching inferno, "how many thousands must suffer until Joseph L. Steiner is happy..."

Little did she know that in just a few short years, the nefarious plans of General Mills would bring the horrors of Play-Doh Zombies to life in a corporate take-over in 1967!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”