My latest Mid Century finds

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

atomicguy
Modern Groupie

My latest Mid Century finds

Postby atomicguy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:00 am

Hello my name is Christos have been lurking these boards for awhile now and decided to signup and share some of my finds and talk to like minded enthusiast.Here are some of my latest finds that I acquired.

Here are my pair of Eames Rar rockers made by Vitra that I picked up from a clothing boutique here locally that was changing ownership and concept.I got this pair for $200.

I found this 1956 Burlington teak desk sitting next to a dumpster at a friends place in pristine condition with all the original labels and still in it original stain with not one chip or scratch on it. Got this one for Free.

I picked up these 2 Knoll 1305u chairs with original labels dated to 1972 which means first run/production models for $10 off of craigslist they are in rough shape but with some new fabric, wood work, and stain they will be back to there original glory.I will be wrapping them in some Knoll fabric that I have left over from a womb chair that I refinished a couple months ago.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Welcome and nice finds with great prices. And you can do your own upholstery!

What folks on this board also love to see is what kind of space you are using these in. Plus if you want some help with with interior design ideas with an MCM flavor, feel free to ask.
scowsa

atomicguy
Modern Groupie

Postby atomicguy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:30 am

Thanks as far as the upholstery my girlfriends dad is a master woodworker and antique restorations expert and he will be bringing them back to life. Right now my space is nuts because I have about 3 bedrooms full of collectable mid century furniture. As we are currently renting a house. We have been buying and collecting for 5 years and are currently searching for our mid century palace or if we can't find what we want we will be building something we hope to have either or started by the end of the year. I will keep you guys updated on our finds and house hunt.

atomicguy
Modern Groupie

Postby atomicguy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Here is my latest find a nice Lounge chair maker unknown.Needs to be reupholstered. Got it for $50. If anyone knows who the maker is that would be great to know.Thanks.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”