Need Help Eames DCM EC-127

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

atomicguy
Modern Groupie

Need Help Eames DCM EC-127

Postby atomicguy » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:01 am

I acquired an Eames DCM model EC-127 yesterday and the piping needs to be replaced on the back and also it is missing on the seat. Does anyone know where I could find this piping in Black?I did a google search and looked everywhere with no luck.Also if anyone has any experience with piping on chairs like this how/what do you use to apply it to the leather and fiberglass?

Tim Young
Modern Master

I was never able to find it

Postby Tim Young » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:12 pm

I searched for a long time for piping for the same chairs, and I could never find the original stuff. The best I found was upholstery piping that came from an auto upholsterer, but it didn't look right, so I gave up. Were the chairs stacked on each other? Mine were, and that's how the piping got messed up.

atomicguy
Modern Groupie

Postby atomicguy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:57 am

Im not sure as I only got 1 chair. I went to DWR and talked to one of the account reps they gave me the number to a Herman Miller Rep and said that they should be able to source some for me.They also gave me the address for a Knoll Studio here in town that I didn't know existed so I will be following up on those leads I will let you know if I get some.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”