Curtain tracks.......old thread somewhere about this

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

Scott NC
Modern Master

Curtain tracks.......old thread somewhere about this

Postby Scott NC » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:08 am

I've searched for the particular thread I'm thinking of
but am having no luck. Posted at least 3 yrs ago if I recall.
It was a thread/s on thin/modern curtain tracks
that would track over the window(or on ceiling) and then a 90 degree bend
onto an adjacent wall so that when I open the curtains, the entire window
is still exposed.
If no one has luck finding this thread, maybe you know of a good vendor
in which I can look at options!
Thanks!

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 am

I don't have a secret decoder ring for a search here, but what you can use is hospital curtain track. And searching for that on Google will bring up a lot of hits. What I remember from using it a long time ago was ordering it factory bent for the corner curve.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:43 am

Oh, what I did in my current bedroom was use the taught wire system from Ikea with the clamp on hooks. It is a PITA to space the hooks right, there are no pinch pleats to space my plain muslin panels so when closing them I have to space them each time. (if I want to bother at all) The advantage is that when opened, the "stack" is as small and tight as I want. Regular pinch pleat drapes create quite a wide stack when opened. Just wanted to give you a budget option. The hospital track is expensive. The companies that make it sometimes also make actual curve-able drapery track and it is available with cords to open & close. (that can even be motorized) I have a friend who once had a house where the drapes pulled behind built ins. Way cool. The auto tracks also failed and accordion shades eventually replaced the drapes however.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

The Kvartval system from Ikea includes a 90 Degree bend.

Here's a handy PDF on the various options.

http://www.ikeasaudi.com/ikea.com.sa/images/stories/2010/BG_WEB_PDF/living_room/KVARTAL/KVARTAL_GB.pdf
scowsa

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”