Book: A. Quincy Jones: Building for Better Living (2013)

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Book: A. Quincy Jones: Building for Better Living (2013)

Postby robbhouston » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:51 am

The companion book to the A. Quincy Jones exhibit held at the Hammer Museum in Los Angeles, CA this past Summer....

Lots of awesome new photography by Jason Schmidt. Also, plenty of vintage hand drawn plans and perspective sketches. I highly recommend it to all!

Amazon editorial review...
"Filled with beautiful photographs and informative essays, this volume presents the genius of A. Quincy Jones, whose collaborative nature provides a timely example for today's architects. Original drawings, models, and furniture designs from the architect's personal archives illustrate a wide variety of projects featuring the hallmarks of Jones's style: soaring interior spaces, the blurring of indoors and out, laminated timber construction, angled walls, and innovative use of concrete, redwood, and glass. Essays explore Jones's quintessentially collaborative nature as he consulted with other noted architects, landscapers, interior designers, developers, and city planners to create buildings of lasting beauty and importance."

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:21 pm

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm

http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 am

Cary and I went. The images and info were of course fabulous... being AQJ, how could it not be? But we found it to be a poorly organized exhibition - in terms of layout and flow. It was a bit disjointed. And yes, Joe, would have liked to have seen more of his work for builders.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:38 pm

scowsa

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”