Need to find designer/maker of a mid century couch

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

midcentnewbie
Modern Groupie

Need to find designer/maker of a mid century couch

Postby midcentnewbie » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Hope you can help. I have a GORGEOUS couch that just came into my possession, it have a insignia/plaque on it, but I am unable to find the name via an internet search... in script it says:

CA FFranle (I think)
and the logo is 3 "F"s one right side up the other upside down

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:53 am

2 or 3 F's? If 2 one upside down google France and Son's.

midcentnewbie
Modern Groupie

Postby midcentnewbie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:17 am

It is 2 F's, I was told it is a Grete Jalk piece.
Thanks for the reply!

carmenjames
Modern Fan

Postby carmenjames » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:48 am

Mid-century furniture portrays tables, seats, dressers, and work areas stamped by their clean lines and absence of fastidious point of interest. While numerous individuals partner Mid-century Modern with the years 1945 to 1965, one of the most punctual samples of mid-century furniture was really outlined in 1934, when Kem Weber considered his Airline rocker. An antecedent to the level pack items sold at Zuffa Home, Weber's Airline seat streamlined the inflexible geometry of Art Deco, had a retail cost of just shy of $25, and was intended to be sent to clients in a cardboard box, unassembled. Just 200 or something like that of the seats were ever delivered, however, and even less were transported.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”