New book about NY World's Fair

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

New book about NY World's Fair

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:41 am

Images of America: The 1964-1965 New York World's Fair by Bill Cotter and Bill Young

You can order it through the co-author at: http://www.billcotter.com/nywf/book.htm

Or it's available through Amazon.

Additional information is available through the publisher: http://arcadiapublishing.com/frame_catalog.cfm?

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

I remember the World's Fair in 64/65

Postby modfan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:56 am

We got a few pics. I remember the GM Futurama, the Ford and Chrysler buildings there. As well as the Egg from IBM. I remember the ride thru the Ford one was in a Ford vehicle. Altho I didn't go on most any of the rides-the lines were very long and we only had a day. I guess some of the structures still are left in Flushing Meadow Park (?) The NY state pavilion and the Unisphere.

freddiefreelance
Modern Master

Postby freddiefreelance » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:34 am

There're a number of structures & objects left from the '64-'65 fair: The Unisphere, the NY State building, the NYC building (containing the Queens Museum of Art & the Panorama of New York City), the Amillary Sphere & Sundial, The Space Park & Hall of Science, the Arena (I think it's still there), the Heliport, the Theaterama, the Skating Rink, the Marina, the Rocket Thrower sculpture, the Form sculpture, the Freedom of the Human Spirit sculpture...
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S.

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”