Questions about new Heywood Wakefield

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Questions about new Heywood Wakefield

Postby johnnyapollo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:31 pm

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

PacificaModern
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PacificaModern » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:13 am

I dunno about the quality of these pieces, but I sure love the way the Sculptura nite stands look!

googieagog
Modern Master

new H-W

Postby googieagog » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:02 pm

t.bowers
Modern Groupie

New Heywood Wakefield Company

Postby t.bowers » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:39 pm

The new Heywood Wakefield Company is based in Miami. I've heard a few different stories, so don't quote me. What I do know is this - the new company purchased the HW name back in the '80s. They do not manufacture the furniture themselves, though. They have it made by other, very reputable, manufacturers. The quality is just as solid as the original. As was mentioned earlier, they only have one finish, an amber tinted clear finish. It's intended to blend in with both vintage Wheat and Champagne finishes, but is not an opaque finish, like the original ones. All in all, I have to agree with the previous post, in that I prefer the vintage pieces. Nothing against the new, but they are pretty pricey. New or vintage, though, ya gotta love the style!
Tim Bowers
Atlanta, GA
www.bowerscustomfurniture.com

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”