Flair oven?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Keke
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Flair oven?

Postby Keke » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:11 am

Anybody here own one? If so, how do you like it? What about dislikes?

The reason I ask is because there's Frigidaire Flair on a local ATL Craigslist posting; free to anbody who can haul it away! The poster claims that despite some rust and TLC, it still works well enough. Nonetheless, I'd be interested if any of y'all know the skinny on these very cool-looking oven ranges.

I love the form, but it's gotta function! :D

Keke

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:00 am

seabeaconhillguy
Modern Fan

Postby seabeaconhillguy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Ah, the Flair. I have had one for several years. They are wonderful stoves.

I would need more information to help you out, though: For instance, is it a Custom Imperial or a Custom Deluxe? The Imperial was the higher end of the two, but the big difference were the "heatminder" and "speed heat" burners - the Imperal had 'em, the deluxe didn't

As it turns out, the heatminder and speed heat are pains in the a**. and not worth the effort - so it might be better to get a Custom Deluxe.

Keke
Modern Socialite

Postby Keke » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks for the info, nichols. That's very helpful!

Seabeacon, it's a Custom Imperial Flair. Here's the listing:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/hsh/216976469.html

Wow! Now that I look at the photos again, it looks like a good-sized oven. I'm mighty tempted and the price is right! Still, I don't want to rush into this decision without reading up on the oven first.

Thanks y'all,
Keke

seabeaconhillguy
Modern Fan

Postby seabeaconhillguy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:26 pm

The ovens are very nice: Hold a good temperature and are easy to clean. The glass doors make it easy to monitor your meal's progress.

This model is good because it has the better knobs - earlier versions of the Flair had chromed knobs, which got very hot when the oven was on. It's looks like this one has the more bakelite-ish knobs.

I can't tell if the heatminder or speed heat burners work, of course, but the speed heat is easy to fix if it is broke, and it looks like parts are available for the heatminder, so I'd say go for it if you are happy with it.

The nice thing about the flair is that it gives you a lot of bang for the amount of space it takes up - and if you have a dining area that is joined with the kitchen, you can just slide the burner drawer in when it's time to call your guests to the table and you don't have to look at a dirty stove while you eat :-)

Sputnikmoss
Modern Master

Postby Sputnikmoss » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 pm

I love mine! Although my oven and cooktop are two separate things. We even got all of the rotisserie accoutrements and brochures from the original owner! I wish I had better photos but here it is when we first moved in 3 years ago.

ps..the horrid carpet and ceiling fan are long gone!
Sputnik Housewares...Jetset furnishings from the Atomic Age!

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:25 am

Best regards,
Kate at Studio 85

Keke
Modern Socialite

Postby Keke » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:16 am

WOW, Sputnikmoss--I love your kitchen! Envyenvyenvy...

Well, I was too late for the oven; the owner got an offer from a buyer who wants it for parts. Perhaps it's just as well, since I'd have to put the oven into storage until I got our kitchen redone.

Thanks you all for your Flair testimonials! :D

Keke

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:29 pm

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Mr. Modtomic
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Modtomic » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Isn't amazing what people will just give away!?!??!?

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 am

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”