New member, Bloomfield MI

Information regarding the operation of this bulletin board.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

DonD
Modern Fan

New member, Bloomfield MI

Postby DonD » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 am

Hi All

Just joined and want to introduce myself. My name is Don, I live in Bloomfield Township, MI (no, NOT Bloomfield Hills, that's where the rich people live! - but I'm in the city next door!). This is an awesome retro community full of the kind of styles that are appreciated on this board.

I bought an awesome 1950s ranch (with a loft) here a few years ago. Its 2700 sq ft on about half acre. Unlike you folks in Southern CA, these kinds of places are quite affordable here, relatively speaking. :)

So, I am new to all this and hope to learn a lot from the obviously knowledgeable folks here. I've been reading stuff on the net and found this board, and it seems like a really great community, and so I've joined to learn about the styles and designers and so forth.

By way of intro, and to show my "retro credentials", :) I'm posting a few pics of my house. As you can see, being a newbie to all this, there is quite a mix of styles for the interior, that have come about more from my instinctive aesthetic, than from any actual knowledge. So, I hope to correct that as time goes on. I'm interested in house designs and furniture mainly at the moment.

Thanks a lot for looking and I hope to get to know you all better! Now, here's some pics. Would love to hear your comments!

Thanks!

Don

1. Outside view of the house:

2. View of 2 living rooms from steps:

3. Main sitting room

4. Other living room

5. Looking into the dining room and kitchen

6. View of master bedroom
Image[/img]

Return to “Announcements”