Any mod-lovers meet and fall in love on this site? :) (OT)

Information regarding the operation of this bulletin board.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

retroretrofan
Modern Groupie

Any mod-lovers meet and fall in love on this site? :) (OT)

Postby retroretrofan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:36 pm

Hey gang,

Newbie to the forums and site in general. My name is Marty, turning (gulp) 30 very soon and owner of Motel Retro .

I'm from London, Ontario (Canada) and have been a "retrofan" for about 5 yrs. My first real retro grab was a lounge chair that could have been described as both space-age and Danish-modern. It looked like something right off the animated set of The Jetsons, but had a tripod teak base. I sold it on eBay :)

Anyway, thought I'd post the question to the masses, "Any mod-lovers meet and fall in love on this site?" Being an eligible bachelor, I often think of how cool it would be to meet a potential Mrs. Mid-Century Modern (or something like that).

Feel free to share your stories.

Marty
If it's cool, buy it.

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:32 pm

Our 'analog' Modern Committee meetings in Los Angeles provide a rich dating loam that has produced flowering relationships and at least two marriages so far... but this site, hmmmm??

http://modcom.org/

retroretrofan
Modern Groupie

more specifically....

Postby retroretrofan » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:44 pm

I'm a Canadian boy, so LA is just a little too far (3000 miles too far).
Any hip Canuck-Girls around these parts?
If it's cool, buy it.

lasvegaslynn
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby lasvegaslynn » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Didn't fall in love (already done that) but did meet some really cool people who have since become good friends. Meeting them as part of the ModCom helped put a face with the name.
Lynn in Sherman Oaks

www.classiclasvegas.squarespace.com (blog)

www.classiclasvegas.com (website)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:43 am

too funny.

you are not the first person who has alluded to the potential for dating service on lotta living... it is a possibility if we hit enough critical mass someday... i know i have met several new friends through the site. love for you could not be far away!

in any case - i think that posting and attending the various events here is a great way to hook up with potential new pals. so keep posting those events folks (ESPECIALLY THE cool non-So Cal ones). I'd like to see this board less So Cal Centric and more World Centric :-) !!!

and it would be nice if folks had follow up reports/replies/photos to threads of events they go to.

Return to “Announcements”