Help or Suggestions with Managing a Large Email List????

Information regarding the operation of this bulletin board.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

Velas
Modern Master

Help or Suggestions with Managing a Large Email List????

Postby Velas » Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:07 pm

morbank
Modern Master

Postby morbank » Fri May 09, 2003 3:51 pm

doesn't your email program allow for all of that? I guess you still have to add emails manually unless someone sends you an email directly (then you can just add to address book), but once you have the list it should be relatively easy to add to groups. My sister did have some problems with this when she had mass mailings of 3000 customers, but she still did it on AOL. I have a mac and would be able to do all of this on my Mail program. Otherwise you can use Entourage, Netscape, AOL, any program...is that what you're looking for?

Velas
Modern Master

Postby Velas » Mon May 19, 2003 8:37 am

Thank you for your response.
Yes, I think maybe thats part of the problem. Right now I'm using Microsoft Outlook software for my email and its just not very well designed for that sort of thing. So, if we were going switch over to do the mass-emails using our pop3 through another program....I'm trying to see if there is any one specific program people would most reccommend.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:46 pm

I hired our programmer to do just that for the www.CherryCapri.com site - it's a very clean interface and only cost a couple of hundred dollars or so... cheap for the custom solution i got.
Call Jim at Itempo 818-788-8692 and tell 'em mary-margaret sent you. or contact him here: http://itempo.com/contact/

anndiva
Modern Fan

Use a service to handle it - worth the money.

Postby anndiva » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:07 pm

My brother has a large email list and send an alumni newletter out using a company called Constant Contact --- he says they are great. It costs some money but does a nice job.

Hope that helps.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:56 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:42 pm

constant contact is an amazing tool - i have looked into it - but it is pretty pricey $$ for a larger list. mail chimp looks good - but again can get $$$ if you want to send out regular emails - any others???

Return to “Announcements”