Introduction

Information regarding the operation of this bulletin board.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

84Design
Modern Socialite

Introduction

Postby 84Design » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:42 am

Hello all, I have been visiting the Forums for some time but finally decided to join. I am an Architect in Dallas living in a 1956 Fox & Jacobs Ranch home. Nothing spectacular but I have been making changes over the past year. I am not a MCM purist but love the amount of style in the older homes that seems to have somehow been lost in current housing. My best to everyone, hope to give my two bits without ruffling too many feathers. :wink:
"Architecture as craft, not merely a container."

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:28 am

Welcome aboard! Oh, go ahead and ruffle some feathers. We could use a little controversy around here : )

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:10 pm

sorry home_boy - actually controversy in contrary to this forum.

"Welcome to Pleasantville... Thank you in advance for keeping our discussion Light Hearted, Positive and FRIENDLY!"

and welcome aboard 84 deisgn - nice to have you here!
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

84Design
Modern Socialite

Postby 84Design » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:37 pm

Thanks for the greetings. I tend to speak my mind so we will see how long it is until I get run off. :D I actually joined the site because of a thread that I could no longer keep my mouth shut in.

I hope to get some pics of my homes current renovations up here soon, that should probably spark some debate. Sometimes you just have to poke the angry dog once more to see what happens.
"Architecture as craft, not merely a container."

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:37 pm

Futura Girl wrote:sorry home_boy - actually controversy in contrary to this forum.

Really?! Well, that's kind of controversial in itself, isn't it? Oh well, thanks all the same for letting me know.

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:27 pm

Hello 84Design,

And welcome to Lotta Living!

I enjoy controversy that promotes debate, as long as it is within reasonable limits and is civil. Debate is good, as it forces one to evaluate one's positions. But controversy for controversy's sake is counterproductive, I think.

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

Return to “Announcements”