Single panel tilt-up garage door...source?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Single panel tilt-up garage door...source?

Postby robbhouston » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:07 pm

synthetic space
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby synthetic space » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:31 pm

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:51 pm

I will look into getting the hardware and ask my builder guy about making a door. However, if I completely strike out on the single panel tilt-up search/solution...can anyone recommend an affordable roll-up that has the absolute best look for a MCM? --Robb

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:35 pm

Ask your "overhead door" retailer/installer for a plain-panel sectional roll-up door. The panels will probably be Masonite-faced (unless there's a newer substitute); the only thing showing on the surface might be the carriage-bolt heads (they look like rivets) of the roller hardware. An upgrade would be doors not showing these bolt heads; the hardware would be screwed on with lag bolts from behind (inside). See if they'll do that for you. . .definitely a plus.

But I hope you find the tilt-up you want. Good luck.

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:01 pm

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:29 am

Well, I went and picked up my brand new single panel swing-up/tilt-up garage door this week. $300. Here's a photo of it leaning against the wall in my new garage, currently under construction...

http://0044f49.netsolhost.com/nashville ... e_door.jpg

These doors are about impossible to find, so I feel lucky to have found one at an affordable price and within driving distance. If anyone needs a door like this the info is...

JD Services
111 Kelli Clark Ct
Cartersville, GA

Rob Pearce (owner)
678-300-4851

Jim (partner)
770-294-8230

Just thought I'd share.

--Robb

tikiyaki

Postby tikiyaki » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:41 am

I'd imagine that you could make something like that out of T-111 siding...it looks very similar...of course, you'd have a wood garage door instead of metal.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:47 am

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”