A question about commercialization...

Information regarding the operation of this bulletin board.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

Stephen
Modern Guru

A question about commercialization...

Postby Stephen » Tue May 23, 2006 11:24 am

I've noticed that in the Real Estate forum and also in the regular Modern Homes forum there is a bit of commercial activity from real estate agents.

I own a company in the real estate field but do not have any reference to it other than the website in my profile. What my company does may be very useful for some forum visitors but it's not my style to do overt advertising. With that said, however, I was a bit dismayed to discover that a potential client and forum visitor went to competitor simply because she did not know about my company and what we do.

I was wondering what the official LottaLivin' policies were. I was thinking about adding something to my signature. Additionally, I was wondering if there might be some unique tie-ins (much more my marketing style).

Stephen
http://cliffmay.blogspot.com <-- newly updated

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue May 23, 2006 1:06 pm

my policy is that if someone is a regular poster here - they are able to promote their wares/skills. but i am dismayed, too, to think you did not get work and some fly-by-night poster did, though.

i have slapped the wrists of those who come in here purely for advert sake. but since my policy is to allow promotion - it's kinda hard to draw the line between how much posting you need to do before you promote? but the odds are - your advert message will be seen more - the more one participates in the forum.

the main goal that i have is to host a space where people can help modernism florish whatever way we can - and also to help the people who support flourish financially - because the better off we all are - the better chance we have of keeping modernism alive and kickin'.

hope this answers your question. and please do add a link or whatever to your signature - i hope it helps you get more work.

--------------------

i do reserve the right to change the policies here in the future.
i may end requiring a contribution of some sort from vendors who do received paid business from this forum, but not as of yet.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue May 23, 2006 1:12 pm

on the same subject, i have also been asked about advertising on lotta living.

as of now - there are no 'paid' advertisements - just reciprocal linkages to other friend websites.

however, we do participate in the google adsense program here.
the ads that appear at the bottom of the message board. they are based on a click-thru rate (something like a fraction of a penny goes to the website for everytime someone clicks on one of those links).

while it's not a huge moneymake for Lotta Living by any stretch - what it does offer is a way for wannabe advertisers to get their ads on this site without me havinng to learn how to place advertising here because google handles all the nuts and bolts.

Return to “Announcements”