Know anything about Virtue Bros. of California furn. co?

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SoMo
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Know anything about Virtue Bros. of California furn. co?

Postby SoMo » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:33 pm

Found a swivel, black vinyl chair today at an estate sale (for only $12) and I absolutely love it! It's stamped Virtue Brothers of California - no year. Shape is somewhat like a tulip chair (no arms) and is smallish. Is narrow at top, wide at seat. I think I'm about the only person left on the planet w/out a digital camera - so can't post a pic right now.

Anyway, just wondering if I'll ever find a match for it - have looked online, but haven't found any info about Virtue Bros. so I thought some of you might know.

Thanks,
Sara

modmonilu
Modern Fan

Postby modmonilu » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi Sara,

I also have a chair from Virtue Bros. of California. I'd love to have a set of four, but this one was a single that a friend of mine found for me at a garage sale. Judging from your description, we might have similar chairs (although mine is orange). It doesn't have the tulip-style base, but it does have a similar seat shape and it swivels:

I don't know much about Virtue Bros. of California, except that they seemed to be a fairly popular manufacturer of midcentury furnishings.

I'm also curious to know more, if anyone else has any info to share.

Monica

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:11 pm

looks very Star Trek :)

modmonilu
Modern Fan

Postby modmonilu » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:50 pm

SoMo
Modern Socialite

Postby SoMo » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:35 pm

Monica,

That's totally my chair but in a diff. color! Don't you just love it? My base/stand/feet or whatever are a silver metal of some sort - sorry, it's late and I can't think of the word I'm thinking of.

Sara

modmonilu
Modern Fan

Postby modmonilu » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:58 pm

Sara,

I had a feeling from your description that they might be the same chair (except for the color, of course)! I love mine, too.. very comfortable, and doesn't take up much space.. plus, it's got that fun 'mod' look to it. It would make a perfect computer chair, since it swivels. Right now, mine is sitting in the corner of my dining room (which is set up more like a second living area right now).

The base of mine seems to be steel or something, with all but the top of the legs painted white, as you can see. Does your chair have the white vinyl back, or is it all black? I think the black and white vinyl combo would look great!

Monica

SoMo
Modern Socialite

Postby SoMo » Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:33 am

Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Nathan » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:27 pm

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”