Ask This Old House GOES MODERN!!!

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Ask This Old House GOES MODERN!!!

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Check out the season premier of Ask This Old House and get to meet your Lotta Living hostess :P

They came out to our 1963 Palmer and Krisel designed home here in Las Vegas to help out with landscaping a few month back. (in the middle of summer heat mind you)

I don't think there are alot of shots of the house itself, because our segment was mainly focussed on plants? but still, it should be fun to see.

Segment #348 is supposed to air on October 5, Thursday night at 8:30PM in most markets - but some markets do vary and put it on saturdays.

Unfortunately, I can't even find it on our schedule here in vegas - so if anyone knows when it airs - let me know!

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:42 pm

"Better Living Through Modernism"

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:59 pm

In the LA/LB area, PBS channel KCET (28) has Ask This Old House scheduled for 2:30 PM Sat and the program description includes a "young couple planting a bamboo screen."

Would that be it?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:14 pm

woo hoo - we're young!
the vitamin pills must be paying off :)

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:43 pm

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:01 pm

"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:57 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:17 pm

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:21 pm

Dirt Diva
Modern Socialite

Postby Dirt Diva » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:32 pm

I saw the segment today-I wished it showed more of your house! You and the Mr. looked adorable! Now if only they will come back in a year to show the results of all your hard work! Good job-please post some pictures once things grow in! :cheers:
Lost as always, but if you find me you'll win a prize!

sky

Postby sky » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:51 pm

I only uploaded the one segment, which is broken into three parts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Nz0J1tnMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWchTxDvZ80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwBwzpfpjs

If you want the DVD, that would include the whole show.

Nice hat, Mary-Margaret.

Sorry that I jinxed the Ducks, Joe, but hey, I’ll buy you a brew at the Holiday Bowl.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:33 pm

THANKS so much sky - you rule...

yah - not alot of the house facade - but we're still thrilled to have those bostonians come to modern land.

thanks so much - i'm gonna pass your links along to peter from the garden's preserve cause i bet he hasn't seen this either.

i think the show will be sending us a dvd in a few weeks.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:56 pm

sky: you rock, thanks! Cal needs to figure out how to win on the road. rose or nothing :wink:

MM: you need to shop that tape to HGTV so you can host a modern home show. you're such a pro! really!

sky

Postby sky » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:32 am

Here are some stills from the show.

Did the ATOH guy actually just stand there and watch while you two dug all those holes?

Is that Dr No wearing a Mondo Lounge shirt?

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:21 pm

Thanks sky!

MM

Show us some after photos when the bamboo takes hold!
"Better Living Through Modernism"

bitzala
Modern Master

Postby bitzala » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:40 am

Futura Girl-- your segment aired yesterday in Los Angeles. Your home looks really interesting-- wish they'd showed more.

Your choice of bamboo for the privacy screening was a good one. My husband and I put the same type of bamboo outside our office in Pasadena. It grows like a weed. In two years, the bamboo passed the top of our second story roof... now needs to be trimmed regularly.

bitz

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”