Teensy pool or inground spa for our Cliff May

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Teensy pool or inground spa for our Cliff May

Postby KateT(CA) » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:21 am

We have a Cliff May, with interiors beautifully restovated by the previous owner. Because of the way it is situated on the lot, there is not a large yard area, but there is a small area right near the front door & master bedroom door that would be perfect for an in-ground spa. It's not really big enough for a swimming pool, and we don't swim anyway but are in need of a therapeutic spa (and we don't like the idea of a big tub just sitting on the patio)

Anyone have any experience with a modern spa design?

Kate
Best regards,
Kate at Studio 85

Sienna
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sienna » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:22 am

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:00 am

Best regards,

Kate at Studio 85

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:58 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:58 pm

I think you might get more use out of on in ground spa. you'll need to weigh the amount of maintenance involved. operation cost. both are good ideas. I wish I had that opportunity, but my sewerline runs through my courtyard :cry:

with these small homes/lots, I find it's useful to make most areas multipurpose. consider integrating some sort of water feature into your pool/spa to creat a soothing water fall sound to block out other suburban noises. it makes it pieceful to sit by, or just hear when you're in the house with a nearby window open.

tikiyaki
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby tikiyaki » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:20 am

...or you might wwant to consider a SOFTUB...http://www.softub.com/

This way, you don't have to commit to putting it anywhere, and if you end up moving, you can take it with you. Much less expensive than an in ground, simple setup too. Just set it up, fill it up, turn on the heater/filter...that's it.

Admittedly, not quite as cool aesthetically as some of those fancy inground, but nondescript enough for you to customize the area you put it in to your liking. Also, it's soft, so no worries about slipping in it and bumping your noggin.

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:03 am

Thank you all for your great ideas!
Best regards,

Kate at Studio 85

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”