Ontario, CA- Mid-Century Modern 1955

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mamaloca31
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ontario, CA- Mid-Century Modern 1955

Postby mamaloca31 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this but I wanted to let you all know about this great house I toured in Ontario, CA. The current owner has really kept this house true to its roots. The only thing keeping my husband and I from putting an offer in is the neighborhood, not sure if it is safe for a growing family??

http://homes.realtor.com/search/listing ... =57#Detail[/b]

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:29 am

Very nice!

I know some of those furnishings (and I think I have met the owner, too)

Have you seen the lovely MCM on 4th street near Euclid? Not for sale, but breath taking and worth a drive by.

For the price you could get a Cliff May here in POmona, but would need to do some restoration.

That neighborhood seems to have improved recently. Check Ontario PD for crime stats (or the Ontario Library) -
Best regards,
Kate at Studio 85

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:42 am

Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

I googled mapped it

Postby modfan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:41 am

Last edited by modfan on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Postby scottkaycee » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:15 am

How about a career in Architecture? www.scottkirkcueto.blogspot.com

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:27 am

Perks, yes, that's the one! Cool, huh?

And I shopped at that Armstrong's for years - the Post Office & dry cleaners are still there. That was a Market Basket on the other corner where the big shopping center is now.
Best regards,

Kate at Studio 85

claremontmodernism
Modern Groupie

Postby claremontmodernism » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 am

Very cool house!!!

I lived in ontario for about 5yrs..... just off 5th and Euclid in a nice 50s

ranch not to far from that house. The neighborhoods around there are not

that bad in my experience. That two-story house that's angled from the

street is on 6th an is very nice I have been inside, and the one next door is

cool to....

mamaloca31
Modern Fan

Postby mamaloca31 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:37 am

Thanks for the comments guys. I will drive by the house off Euclid for sure! We're keeping our feelers out for a cool house in the San Dimas/Glendora/La Verne area if anyone knows of one....How often do those Cliff Mays in Pomona come up for sale?

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

mamaloca31
Modern Fan

Postby mamaloca31 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:56 pm

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:05 am

Mamaloca, if you want to see our Cliff May, just give me a call. Send me a private message for our phone number (home_boy & I live in the same house) and we'd be glad to show you ours. We're in the middle of exterior restovation, but the interiors were done beautifully by the previous owners.

The Cliff Mays are all on Wright Street.
Best regards,

Kate at Studio 85

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Another MCM house on Sixth St. in Ontario, CA. Not for sale at this time, but certainly worth a drive by.
(Photo by booradley)

Perks

Postby Perks » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:51 pm

Yes! THAT's the one I was thinking of earlier when this topic came up!

My favorite part of the house is that they spelled the address "TWO O FIVE."
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

BTW

Postby modfan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:58 pm

I think there are some Cliff Mays in Montclair somewhere in the vicinity of that Hospital on San Bernardino Rd. Mighta been discussed elsewhere here.

mamaloca31
Modern Fan

Postby mamaloca31 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:32 pm

Funny you should mention that modfan, I work at that hsopital and have noticed a modern home on the corner of San Bernardino and Arrow Hwy, where they split. Not sure if it's a Cliff May though. My eyes are not that trained yet! That house on Sixth looks awesome, I'll have to drive by.

KateT(CA)
Modern Master

Postby KateT(CA) » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:30 pm

I had a nice chat with the City Planner in Montclair about a year ago (when we were looking for our Cliff May) - there was a beautiful tract of MCMs including a few Cliff Mays, but most are gone now, remuddled entirely our of existence. Home_boy and I go cruising through there frequently looking for the remnants. The neighborhood has deteriorated, but I remember those houses from when I first saw them in 1962 and they were new, but my dad bought a stucco box in Upland because he could afford more that what the MCMs were going for...

There are 3 excellent fully restored Cliff Mays in Claremont that we have seen.
Best regards,

Kate at Studio 85

atomictiki.com
Modern Groupie

Ontario, CA- Mid-Century Modern 1955 - OWNERS

Postby atomictiki.com » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:22 pm

Hello everyone! Thanks for the kind comments regarding our home. We have taken great pains to bring this home back to its original glory. The house is still for sale. For some reason, the virtual tour is not on our MLS listing right now. If anyone is interested in seeing it, we can email the tour to you. If you wish to see it in person, please contact us via our email: info@atomic-tiki.com . We prefer to sell this home to a mid century mod minded person/family. We will try to see if we can post the virtual tour in the forums, as well. Good luck to those of you who are house hunting! Kind regards, Giancarlo & Erika ***

atomictiki.com
Modern Groupie

Armstrong nursery A frame

Postby atomictiki.com » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 pm

I happened to be driving by the A frame armstrong nursery the day they were tearing it down, I asked the workers if I could go inside and take some pictures, they said ok and I went in took a few shots of the interior. I saw a couple of spun aluminium double cone wall sconces and asked if I could have them, they said I could, so they were saved from going down with the building. I then went across the streets and captured the final shots as the bulding went down. It was a sad day, two years later and the lot remains vacant, such a waste.
I'll see if I can post a link up to the pictures tomorrow.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”