Beatles shrine in Hamburg

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Beatles shrine in Hamburg

Postby nichols » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Beatles shrine set for Germany
From the Associated Press
July 11, 2007

A monument to the Beatles will be built in Hamburg, Germany, where the Fab Four launched their international career 45 years ago.

Radio station Oldie 95, the organizer, says the $625,000 steel monument will be built on a corner of the St. Pauli district near clubs where the Beatles played songs such as "Love Me Do" in 1962. ...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la ... 4104.story

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:32 am

Aaaah, in my lovely hometown, full of culture and wackos! I love it. :)

Just read something on this new Beatles Square in the local newspaper "Hamburger Abendblatt".

The Beatles’ Square will be built at the entrance to the “Große Freiheitâ€￾, according to the plans of architects Dohse & Stich. It’s going to cost EUR 460k ($630k). The square, which has just 490 m² (5268 sqft), shall look like a black vinyl record, with stainless steel sculptures of the musicians who once started their international career at the Reeperbahn in 1961.

The floor is going to be made of black granite and stainless steel, with circular grooves to look like a vinyl platter. Lyrics of the Fab Four shall be etched into the stainless grooves.

Financing isn’t so easy, tho. Ringo, Paul and John are fully paid for, while George still needs a sponsor. :(

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”