Mid-Century Modern Ceiling Fans

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:22 pm

6 inch joist, so what's the R rating with loose blown in insulation? 15? a 4.5 in sheet of rigid is an r-30

I am sure your lava rock absorbs the heat, rather than reflecting it. might want to change rock color to something lighter.

on days that it's gets over 100 here, about 82 inside, I find a regular floor fan moving air sideways works OK. this summer, I used it twice. back in the closet it goes. nothing to look at and collect dust for the other 363 days of the year.

danny leisure
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby danny leisure » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:58 pm

gwdiener
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gwdiener » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:59 pm

PaulKaplan
Modern Master

Postby PaulKaplan » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:43 am

In the desert, the fans really help out to cool a space down, especially at night. Although I don't like the look of a ceiling fan, I've used them often in my mid-century remodels. I've learned the fewer the blades, like three, the better circulation you get.

The less ornate, the better I typically will use a basic design and have use http://ylighting.com/cirrushugger.html often. Design critics seem to hate them, but when you live in an area with high heat, you figure out quickly their benefits.
The Paul Kaplan Group, Inc
Architectural Real Estate
1701 N Palm Canyon Dr. #5
Palm Springs, CA 92262
www.MidCenturyModernPS.com
760-459-1396
DRE 01325586

danny leisure
Modern Socialite

Postby danny leisure » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:52 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”