Album covers

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Oh look! Space Escapades is on there! LOL
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Gnomus
Modern Master

Postby Gnomus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 pm

I'm a little surprised that no one has posted these, considering what famous MCM artist is in the band: Shag! Plus, he did their cover art. Oddly enough, I knew the music before I knew the artist.

The Swamp Zombies released a total of five albums. I was never able to find their first recording (Chicken, Vulture, Crow -- 1987) on CD and have never heard it.

The Swamp Zombies are a good example of why you should sometimes buy music based only on the cover art -- occasionally you hit gold!

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Gnomus wrote:I'm a little surprised that no one has posted these, considering what famous MCM artist is in the band: Shag! Plus, he did their cover art. Oddly enough, I knew the music before I knew the artist.

The Swamp Zombies released a total of five albums. I was never able to find their first recording (Chicken, Vulture, Crow -- 1987) on CD and have never heard it.

The Swamp Zombies are a good example of why you should sometimes buy music based only on the cover art -- occasionally you hit gold!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_y7EtMCYI
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

Gnomus
Modern Master

Postby Gnomus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Yes, that's them. A weird melding of folk and punk... and a fascination with serial killers, etc.

Java
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Java » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:47 am

Yup those are great books. Make sure you also get the companion CD's that went along with each volume. Great stuff. In fact, I think it's about time I go back and reread/relisten them.

Java
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Java » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:48 am

Gnomus wrote:Yes, that's them. A weird melding of folk and punk... and a fascination with serial killers, etc.

Me likey Swamp Zombies. They're a little too odd to play on the radio show, but I just might have to throw them into the upcoming Halloween episode.

Skylark
Modern Socialite

Postby Skylark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 am

A favorite of mine, although I just can't bring myself to play the record:

But the reverse side is worth a look:

roadsidepictures
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby roadsidepictures » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:24 pm

That's very creepy!

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”