Tujunga, CA. 1951 Byles & Weston Post & Beam

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
devildogranch
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tujunga, CA. 1951 Byles & Weston Post & Beam

Postby devildogranch » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Builder Victor Sease's own residence is on the market:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tujunga/10223- ... me/5538596

This home has been published and is in a tract of other similar post & beam homes built by Vic Sease, using plans attributed to Eugene Weston.
See project list: http://www.modernsandiego.com/Liebhardt3.html

The last two owners have done a fair bit of re-muddling, but mostly reversible cosmetic changes. They actually put boards over the floor-to-ceiling windows that faced the back yard because they said it felt "too open"! Arggghhhh.... This house deserves someone who will appreciate it and we would love to have another preservation-minded neighbor join us.

The neighborhood is progressive, artistic and friendly. We are zoned for equestrian/agricultural use, with the national forest at the end of the block. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the 'hood!
Last edited by devildogranch on Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Eugene Weston

Postby Josquin » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:35 pm

This was one of Eugene's early projects published in Architectural Record. I saw this house before it was completely mucked up by the current owners. There are good bone under all that paint. Here's the original article on the tract:

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 pm

"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

devildogranch
Modern Socialite

URGENT! Now bank-owned!

Postby devildogranch » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:01 pm

A published home by Byles & Weston and former residence of modernist developer Vic Sease!
http://devildogranch.com/descanso.html

This property has reverted to the bank - Metropolitan Life - according to the records I have found. I have no further info.

Someone needs to get on this one!

Puh-leeeeze!

devildogranch
Modern Socialite

Update

Postby devildogranch » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 am

I took some photos at the property recently. Since then, paint and some minor repairs have been done.

It just went back on the market - no price yet.

Real estate agent is Derek Andrews at Keller Williams: 310-595-0344. I just spoke with him about this property. He would LOVE to work with a buyer that appreciates its MCM aesthetic!

http://s203.beta.photobucket.com/user/d ... n%20Avenue

devildogranch
Modern Socialite

Updated information...

Postby devildogranch » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 pm

I truly hope this place gets a restoration minded buyer but the listing agent is smoking the real good stuff to think its gonna go for that price. I have a pretty loose interpretation of "move in condition" and even then there is no way this place meets it. It could be wonderful but will need a pile of dough, a vision and a ton of hard work.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”