MCM Home shopping

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Isaac-1
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

MCM Home shopping

Postby Isaac-1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:14 am

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 am

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 am

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:44 pm

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Isaac-1
Modern Groupie

Postby Isaac-1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:52 pm

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:48 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:44 pm

^
what he said.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

My tuppence worth.

Folks who like MCM would ideally like to:
1. Live in an MCM house
2. Surrounded by MCM furniture and other MCM elements
but sometimes where they live (location) means that #1 is difficult to impossible.

However, #2 is possible in most houses and apartments. Check out Atomic Ranch's books, such as

and you will see some great interiors.

We lived in Boston (twice) where MCMs are rare but that did not stop us having MCM-influenced interiors.

Regarding your house, the Realtor lists it as "Contemporary" which is what it probably is compared to other more traditional houses in your area. As johnnyapollo states, the portico entrance is the element that stops it looking more like an MC-Ranch but I note that it is tied into the roof so changing that would require funds.

So the decision you need to make is whether you will be happy with living with MCM furniture and other MCM elements in what seems to be a spacious house with lots of natural light.

As robbhouston's list shows, there are lots you can do with the interior and you just need to get past the prior decorating choices of the owners and envisage the interior as a blank canvas that you can "paint" your MCM designs on.
scowsa

Scott NC
Modern Master

Postby Scott NC » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Here ya go. This will get you thinkin...
Very similar house that USED TO have the same issue....

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”