WHAT KIND OF WINDOW COVERINGS ARE IN YOUR MODERN HOME??

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
EichlerNetwork
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WHAT KIND OF WINDOW COVERINGS ARE IN YOUR MODERN HOME??

Postby EichlerNetwork » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:49 pm

The Eichler Network's CA-Modern magazine is working on a story about the best window coverings for mid-century modern homes. Have you installed some coverings that look good and offer some much needed privacy and sun-blockage? If so, drop us a line and send us a photo. You might be featured in the story. Contact writer Tanja Kern at kern.tanja AT gmail.com, and CC publisher Marty Arbunich at marty AT eichlernetwork.com.

Here's the list of products we're looking into. Any in your home?
Levelor panel track & cellular shades
Hunter Douglas modern Roman shades
Hunter Douglas Designer Screens
Hunter Douglas Duette Architella (very energy efficient)
Sivola QED contrallable shades by Lutron
Mechnoshade automated solar shades
Bali Solar Shades in Regatta fabric
Comfortex Envision Screen
Kirsch Sheer Screen
Panel Track Blinds for doors (by Bali, Levolor, Kirsch, Blindsgalore)
Ikea Kvartel

cougarider
Modern Socialite

Window

Postby cougarider » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:57 pm

This is great! I recently put up a post because I am stumped on what to use for my windows. Mainly the very wide short windows.

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:10 am

We have used a combination of mecho shades with 90% weave and Fanpleat draperies from Homespun Fabrics.

Homespun has been making these for over 50 years and they look stupendous in MCM homes. The extruded aluminum ceiling or wall hung tracks all but disappear, the drapes stack cleanly and crisply for a great modern look

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”