Woodland Hills Tract?

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

classicsat
Modern Socialite

My notes on "Bachelor In Paradise"

Postby classicsat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:18 am

Keeping in mind it was filmed in the early 1960s and things have changed, and I have not set foot in that neighborhood, let alone SoCal, so am using internet maps and satellite/aerial photos to note my observations.

I belive the following house is the one rented by Hope:
http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.ppr ... c_22931___

(if that link works). If it doesn't, the house in question is the 4th one west of Manson, on the north side of Brenford, with the loop through driveway.

The school bus appears to stop at the corner of Brenford and that cul-de-sac two houses east and across from "The House", but the "filming" process could locate that view elsewhere at a more suitable location.

On the wall of the real estate office, there was a layout of the housting development, whist depicts the area with Brenford, its cul-de-sac, mulholland, Manson, and Greer Road, but upside down.

The cul-de-sac off Brenford is (or was) probably Miradelle, shown as Colma Ave on my maps (Google Earth, local.live), which there is also one off Mulholland.
New York - Leeds- Los Angeles - San Francisco - Toronto
Wherever Google Earth takes me.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Well when

Postby modfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:32 am

I finally use my Netflix subscription I'll rent the movie, then I can look in each frame at the tract in the movie. I think there was discussion (maybe this pub) on the tract and the movie and perhaps a link to a video clip. I also want to rent 'The Loved One' I think it used CSH 22 in one of the scenes where the homeowner is greiving about their deceased dog.

I've driven thru it a few times (pics posted in the galleries), it's changed a bit. Almost all the white rock roofs are gone now. And I don't think any homes are painted 'California Coral' anymore.

SoMo
Modern Socialite

Postby SoMo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:30 am

Bachelor in Paradise was just on about 2 days ago and I got to see it for the first time. Wow! Loved it. Glad to see this thread and read a little about the neighborhood and those who live in it. Lucky you.

Yet another movie that NEEDS to be on DVD and isn't yet. :(

Thanks for sharing info about your homes.

Sara

WW_Owner
Modern Fan

Remodeling my Woodland West Home

Postby WW_Owner » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:13 pm

I am finally remodeling my Woodland West home. I am adding about 250 sq feet, adding a 3/4 bath and hall and expanding the kitchen and foyer. One thing that I am doing that I have not seen done before is that I am raising the foyer ceiling height to be the same as the kitchen. It makes a huge difference in the feel of the home.

Anyway, I am about 1/2 done with the project and will post pics once it's finally done.

streinen
Modern Master

Postby streinen » Mon May 07, 2007 4:55 pm

Would love to see the pics, even work-in-progress shots!

streinen
Modern Master

Postby streinen » Thu May 10, 2007 8:27 am

I found several LA Times display ads for the tract dating from 1958 to 1965. Sadly, the Times has turned the massive online archive into a paid service (for a while access was free).

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/steve_treinen/album/576460762401090939

CharlesDuboisAdmin
Modern Groupie

Re: Woodland Hills Tract?

Postby CharlesDuboisAdmin » Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

Hello group! I came across some old threads on this group about the Woodland West neighborhood in Woodland Hills CA. It seems there are (were?) several homeowners who were participating and comparing notes around 2004-5! If anyone is interested, the discussion is still alive and thriving now on Facebook and Instagram groups dedicated to Charles Du Bois - the architect of those homes (as well as his designs in Tarzana, Palm Springs and elsewhere!).

The Instagram page is curated with photos and background behind Dubois, while the Facebook page is more of a community where anyone can join in! Links to both groups are below!

I love going through this board and find it great to see so many neighbors and enthusiasts engaged!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1292551560756798/

https://www.instagram.com/charles_dubois_mcm_homes/

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”