any thoughts on ID of this large Don Quixote & Sancho Pa

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AJ Fisher
Modern Master

any thoughts on ID of this large Don Quixote & Sancho Pa

Postby AJ Fisher » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:48 am

found this original oil or acrylic painting at the thrift store a couple weeks ago. it is painted in a thick, impasto type style on pressboard. it measures 44" tall and 20" wide.

the signature is very unusual and reminds me of graffiti or korean writing. i can't tell if the date is "-04" or perhaps "-64". the hardware on the back looks old and not recent. any thoughts?

-AJ

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:12 pm

Hey, long time no post! Um, looks like RT to me at the top, I'd bet money that it is 1964. Reminds me of German Expressionism, maybe a little Max Beckmann influence? Poncho reminded me of:

Just my two cents,
Slim
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”