Help finding bulb for this MCM lamp

Show your stuff or ask questions about housewares, ephemera, books, artwork, furnishings.

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java

MsRoxy
Modern Groupie

Help finding bulb for this MCM lamp

Postby MsRoxy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 am

Hi Jetsetters,

A seller tossed in this MCM lamp free with purchase but it doesn't have a light bulb. What kind of bulb does it need? How / where do I get the right bulb?

Thanks![/img]

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:06 pm

This:

http://www.amazon.com/Tubular-Incandesc ... B000J6BMCA

These lamps will also come in a 40 watt in both clear and frosted. I even found some compact fluorescent versions that use in my oven face panel

I am assuming that the screw in base is a standard size. the lamps are about 6" long above the base. The filaments on these lamps do not last a really long time because they are very long with a lot of space between supports compared to a regular lamp. Do check out the different brands, voltages and wattages available. I imagine your fixture is made to be an ambient light. I would probably use a low watt lamp myself.

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 am

I have a two rows of these (12 fixtures each row) used to illuminate bookshelves. They put out a nice glow.

I wish I could find the same lamp but longer, my fixtures would/should take a lamp around 10 inches.

Egads is right, they are fragile, but they seem to last a decent amount of time in my application as there is no physical trauma to them and I don't cycle them on and off much...when they are turned on they stay on for hours at a time. Keep these two things in mind when you get yours up and running and you should be fine.

Lets see more of the lamp...looks cool.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:41 am

I do remember longer versions of the tube lamps. How long are the fixtures?

classic form

Postby classic form » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 am

About ten inches. I'll measure later...do you have a link to longer bulbs? I've searched all over and can't find any longer than the standard 6" you linked to.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 pm

The ones that are 6.5" are T-10 with a E26 base (standard base)

There are "showcase" lamps that are 12" long (11 7/8 really)

Just Google T-8 bulb E26

classic form

Postby classic form » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:55 pm

12 is too long. I need about 9.5 inches to fill the fixture. The short ones work fine and you really cant tell by the light spread (which is all you can really see unless you look up underneath the top of the shelf.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 pm

So I thought I would put "bulb T9 E26" into Google.

There is a version that is 7 1/2" long. Kind of dear at ten bucks each most places.

http://www.lumens.com/20w-120v-t9-e26-n ... 59935.html

Manen03
Modern Groupie

Re:

Postby Manen03 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm

egads wrote:This:

http://www.amazon.com/Tubular-Incandesc ... B000J6BMCAobtenir crédit

These lamps will also come in a 40 watt in both clear and frosted. I even found some compact fluorescent versions that use in my oven face panel

I am assuming that the screw in base is a standard size. the lamps are about 6" long above the base. The filaments on these lamps do not last a really long time because they are very long with a lot of space between supports compared to a regular lamp. Do check out the different brands, voltages and wattages available. I imagine your fixture is made to be an ambient light. I would probably use a low watt lamp myself.

Hello, thank you very much for the link

Return to “Modern Collectibles and Furniture”