Fritztile

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Van
Modern Master

Fritztile

Postby Van » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:00 am

Hey guys, I'm back! (doubtful anyone realized I was gone 8-) ) Unfortunately due to work stuff, we had to move from Dallas to northern Virginia and sold my beloved Cliff May. And the DC area real estate market is much more expensive than Dallas so it was about a year before we were able to buy a house here. And because of the price differences, we couldn't afford an MCM...but we got a nice mid-century modest home.
Unfortunately, the kitchen was remuddled sometime in the oughts and not only is it ugly, it isn't very functional (tiny space with big box store cabinets and massive appliances). I'd like to remodel eventually and was just trying to get an idea of prices.

Has anybody had experience with Fritztile? I read some old threads about it but they were from 04/05 so pricing is very different (but why haven't I made more money in that time? :-k ). I've found it online for under $11 for each square foot tile. I wonder how much installation costs.

Also, I've never remodeled anything so I was trying to figure out about installing the flooring before or after the cabinets. I've read lots of things online...but not clear. And would it be weird to lay cheaper tile under the appliances/cabinets? I'm a total newb about this stuff so would appreciate any advice.

Glad to be back! :cheers:

Van
Modern Master

Re: Fritztile

Postby Van » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:07 am

Oh, in case anyone is interested, here are the ones I like best (I need to see in person before I decide of course):

Teal

Aqua

Seafoam

I'm always open to other suggestions though. (I love the look of VCT but am trying to go with something more eco-friendly and low VOC. But something that's not as hard to keep up like linoleum.)

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”