Staying in Silverlake

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
texasdago
Modern Master

Staying in Silverlake

Postby texasdago » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:38 pm

Looking @ the Holiday Inn Express in Silverlake... I hear the area is not the greatest. Good call? Bad call?

quisppygirl
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Holiday Inn

Postby quisppygirl » Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:44 pm

I suggest the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in North Hollywood. Better kitsch value.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Holiday Inn Express in Silverlake

Postby modfan » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:17 pm

The structure was first (I think) the Silver Lake Motel, then the Silver Lake Apts then some other hotel, now a H I Express-rates about 100/nite-not really in the 'hip' part of Silver Lake-more like at the edge of it-in that confluence of where several streets come together-Temple/Silverlake/Virgil/Beverly not 'South Central' not 'Hollywood'.
It's been reused so many times it architecturally kind of generic.

If you want mid mod ambience ya might try the Safari Inn in Burbank-I never stayed there so don't know prices or insides but outsides are kinda cool. Or if you wanna spend the $-The Renaissance at Hollywood Highland-it pays tribute to Eames et all in the upstairs lobby-for a little more than the HI Exp. Or the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel down the street from The Renaissance-just as pricey and furnished in kinda a mid mod style-even tho Spanish on the exterior.

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:35 am

Thanks for the insight. Normally I'm all about an MCM hotel but I'm running into a lot of sold out rooms for the Rose Bowl. That's how that one came up. Is it a good area worth staying in?

I'll check the suggestions. Thanks! ***

texasdago
Modern Master

Postby texasdago » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:36 pm

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:44 pm

Bring your umbrella...

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”