Kansas City Modern Website

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kansas City Modern Website

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:37 am

Well, we have been sweating this for weeks, but it is finally done!

Come and see it at:

www.KCMODERN.com

WE will be putting up more pictures in the near future so be sure to bookmark it

mru

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:23 pm

Congratulations, guys -- Love it ! Lots of interesting stuff to look at (good shots of the Sondern house, for instance). . .and I like the graphic "look." Don't stop now. . .

SDR :cheers: :cheers:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:13 pm

MoneyPitModern
Modern Master

Postby MoneyPitModern » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:44 pm

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Thanks for the positive reviews.

MPM:
There are a series of maps being put together for public consumption. Part 1 debuted this weekend at our launch party and first "Modern Mixer." This was KCModern's first public outing and we plan many more with all kinds of tours, educational and social happenings. A new map will come out about every 3 months for at least the first year we hope.

thanks again,
mru

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Who'd a

Postby modfan » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:57 pm

thunk-
Kansas City and modern architecture.
Lotsa cool pics with floor plans even!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:00 am

great site!

i am loving the fact that we see more and more of these special locally focussed MidMod web sites.

thanks for the link back, too!

Chimay
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Chimay » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:54 am

This is a great resource. Good job, MRU. Any chance of getting interior photos of that Jones & Emmons "Castilian" model you have in your gallery? It looks like it's in great shape. Also would love to see the inside of the Breuer!
Friends don't let friends live in McMansions
House pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/88017382@N ... 387250721/

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:09 pm

that Castilian is one fine house. LUV those evevation drawings!

HTHB is one of the BEST tract homes of the '50s. LUV the plan!

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 pm

Interior photos of several of these homes are on our to-do list. The Castilian is one of those. The Bruce Goff designed Searing Residence is another. I will try to post here as we update.

I should make it clear that this was a collaborative effort and that the other players should enjoy equal credit here.

I am working on getting them to post here too!

mru

tikiyaki
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby tikiyaki » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:50 pm

Excellent site. KC looks like they have some great architecture.

hoodlam
Modern Master

Postby hoodlam » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:57 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm

So, mru -- How did the latest Modern Mixer go ? What can you tell us about the chair show ? (See Modern Mixer #2 at http://www.kcmodern.com/ While there, check out the Castilian, and young Jerad Foster's brave and effective work on a Drummond, acquired from its original owner.

KC rocks !

SDR:cheers: :cheers:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:37 pm

Last edited by moderns-r-us on Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:22 pm

those Castilian shots are pretty sweet! AQJ's built-ins are the best (well, other than neutra :wink: )

thanks for sharing!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”