Kansas City Star features Mid-Century Modern Drummond Homes

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Kansas City Star features Mid-Century Modern Drummond Homes

Postby moderns-r-us » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:11 pm

In this Sunday's Kansaa City Star there was a nice feature on the cover of the "House and Home" Section featuring mid-century modern homes and specifically some Drummond Homes that were on the recent Drummond Stroll. They did not put up many of the pictures from the article, but you can read the article on their website.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascit ... 914926.htm
Last edited by moderns-r-us on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coreyo
Modern Fan

Postby coreyo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:15 pm

My parents knew I liked drummonds and I've been around this site before. I just read the article. What a great feature!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:37 pm

that's some good ink, MRU. I am in southern Iowa right now. I am going to see if I can find a hard copy. wish I had time to travel south and see some drummonds :cry:

that brochure they have linked is top notch too. nice illustration work! I wonder if the same firm that did eichler's brochures designed it. would not be surprised.

simply one of Jones' best designs...

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:17 pm

I think the brochure came from NBC. I would guess Eichler and the other builders were using the same piece with their names on it

It surfaced at the Drummond Evening with one of the newest members of KCMODERN. His parents were hoping to have one built for themselves in 1955 and it had Don's original notes for cost estimates in it.

Joe:

if you are in southern Iowa you are not that far away. Come on down. have you found those Iowa AQJ homes yet?
Last edited by moderns-r-us on Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:24 pm

I am stuck in creston. not much house hunting this trip

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

You can tell

Postby modfan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:34 am

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:54 am

tig64105
Modern Master

Postby tig64105 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:51 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”