Kitchen Install- New photos at very end of thread

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Jerad
Modern Master

Postby Jerad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:15 am

The other house you speak of is still there, I always thought it was kinda neat. Its on Rockwell lane I believe on sunset hill - thats the stop light on Ward Parkway if your heading from the south towards the plaza. I love that stool - I totally agree with you Howard Roark would burn that puppy down!

Jerad

Udo Min
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Udo Min » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:07 am

SDR-
Is there another page in the book "Before You Buy a House, 'Operation Trade Secrets House.'" -- that shows a perspective drawing of the trades secret home?
E-

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SDR » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:13 am

Eric -- yes, there are two.

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Udo Min
Modern Master

Fireslate Counter install

Postby Udo Min » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:34 am

We had the help of M_R_US, Jerad, Steve,Bob & Scoot to install these fireslate counters... Weight similar to corian. Modernist barn raising like experience.. w/ many cooks in the kitchen = very nice install...
Last edited by Udo Min on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:43 am

Niiice. . .! Congrats to all. I like the Fireslate return-to-the-floor-as-end-panel. Now you're considering no backsplashes, I bet ! :wink: Either way, it looks (and will perform) just great. It'll be darker after being sealed and oiled, of course.

SDR :cheers: :cheers:

Udo Min
Modern Master

Postby Udo Min » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:51 am

Thanks SDR-
Final add will be anod. alum. windows & a glass tile backsplash from
http://www.interstyle.ca/products/glass ... olors.html

in the color slates...

SDR feels like we know you in person. One day maybe we all can meet up & take you out to the flint hills to build a retirement hut with all those joinery skills you have...

I think after all this remodel stuff has ended we should take a break at this place. Super serene.. Swiss spa resort w/ interesting lighting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvM2KKDeGA

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Peter Zumthor + 60,000 quartzite slabs = heaven. . .

http://emagazine.credit-suisse.com/app/ ... 40&lang=EN

Udo Min
Modern Master

Postby Udo Min » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:04 pm

We have been super busy with a new family addition lately (baby 1.5 month old girl named Ria). But thought it would be a nice break to keep lotta living posted on our progress w/ the house...

last photo in the set is one soon to be installed anodized aluminum slider window for the kitchen. Slowly we are replacing all of the vinyl windows w/ anodized alum.

We are still working on those 50 year old cork floors.

Got to hang the birch laundry closet doors over the weekend. The color sort of matches the garage door but I'm sure the sun will kick in & darken the doors a bit..

Also couple weeks ago the original owners of the home came by & brought by a few photos that I can post later.

Chock full of period herman miller & knoll furniture...

They were the coolest 80+ year old couple on the planet.

She even liked our Nick Cave show poster...

Here are some more photos:

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:27 pm

love love love the color of your home!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”