Retro KFC survey

ARCHITECTURE AND PRESERVATION NEWS for the Los Angeles Conservancy Modern Committee (ModCom) and other Mid Century Modern, Googie, International, Art Deco, 20th Century design

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, Josh Geidel, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Retro KFC survey

Postby Nathan » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:39 am

Lynxwiler
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lynxwiler » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:08 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:24 am

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:11 pm

The Food Network (or whatever that cable station is called) had a short but interesting history of KFC, including a bio about the colonel. I forgot a lot of it because the show was densely packed with information about a variety of subjects, including the origins of Kellog's, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and more. Be on the look-out for a show that covers these subjects. I saw it in late May or early June. It should repeat.

So_Cal_Native_in_Texas
Modern Master

Postby So_Cal_Native_in_Texas » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:29 am

|

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:16 am

at PCH/Hawthorne there is a bucket with pre-rap colonel graphics

Diner
Modern Groupie

Postby Diner » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:24 am

FYI, a close match to the font on the vintage KFC bucket is Dom Casual. The only different is a slightly modified K, F and C but otherwise it's that same.

Check it out here: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/dom-ca ... icken&p=72

Best,
Stuart :D

Return to “Mid Century Modern Preservation Discussion”