cover/window treatments

Home improvement Q&A, pictures and news fro Mid Century Modern Homes and Houses(NOT for Real Estate)

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, Adriene, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
awoodby
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

cover/window treatments

Postby awoodby » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 am

I'm in the process of renovating a new (to me) 1954 ranch. I'm going MCM/atomic age. I'm currently stumped at what to do with windows and sliding doors (doorwalls some call them).

Sliding doors, so far the only options I see are verticles, horizontal blinds, or curtains. None of these seem to realy feel right.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Links would be greatly appreciated!!

Likewise, I've 3 bay windows... yes, bay, but anyways, covering ideas here?

Thanks much for your time!

--Alex

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:37 pm

i took all my curtains down. ta hell with the neighbors. after a year they
still slow down and wonder what we are doing here. just joking, kinda.
my slider walls are pretty private. and had heavy curtains. i did save them because they are a pretty great fabric. if i did not have much privacy, i would probably try and deal with privacy outside. an outdoor
room with a privacy wall. need to look it up, but i did put up solar veil
shades in my studio. you can still see out but softens the view from
neighbors. . ikea has some new solar sheer ideas on a thin track. not
sure how it would hold up, but okay on a budget. not sure if it would pass
the gorilla husband yank test. i think with an older mid-century home, if
you treat the walls and windows with a bit of a more simple modern touch, it makes a nice clean canvas for all the cool stuff you have. unless
you have a neutra , etc where you might want more of a restoration look.
post photos for really good fedback.

googieagog
Modern Master

Postby googieagog » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 am

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:41 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Houses and Homes”